Thursday, May 14, 2009

Superfoods - What's so "super" about these foods anyway?

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be looking at various "superfoods" and examining what makes them "super". Generally, superfoods are those that are high in nutrients including antioxidants, fiber and phytochemicals such as beta-carotene. There are many naturally occurring superfoods including blueberries and broccoli.

I'm going to look at some less common superfoods and I'll discuss how to incorporate them seamlessly into your diet. There are so many beneficial natural superfoods such as Salba and Hemp, that are not regarded as common today. But these ancient grains are loaded with nutrients and high in Omega 3 and 6. I'm going to explore these and some others and let you know what I think of the benefits of these foods. I'll incorporate and test out some superfoods and let you know what types of results I see. Taste is also very important to me - I believe that no matter how "good for you" something is, if the taste is not pleasing, people are unlikely to keep it in their diets.

Please let me know what you think of my posts on Superfoods and I'll try to add more content and research links to let you decide which superfoods to incorporate in your diet.

No comments: