Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hemp - One of Nature's Superfoods

When I think of hemp and hemp seed, the first thing that goes through my mind is hippy movement. Unfortunately, most of the documents I found including those with hemp products are "hippy" in nature.

But don't let this be a deterrent to consuming hemp for nutrition. Hemp has a combination of omega 3's and 6's (essential oils), proteins, enzymes and vitamins. Adding just a few tablespoons of hemp seed to your diet will increase the overall healthfulness of your diet without much thinking and with little effort.

I've incorporated hemp products into my diet for the last several weeks. Anecdotally, I can say that I feel that I have more energy and my overall health feels like its improved. If something makes you feel better with continued use, I think that it's a good idea to keep using it. Therefore, I going to try and keep incorporating hemp into my diet. It's SO easy to do, that if it's providing benefits, there is really no downside.

The availability of hemp products at your average local grocers is limited. The best sources I have found for hemp are online (and due to growing restrictions in the US, largely Canadian sources).

In the next few days, I will be posting reviews for several hemp providers. From this, you can use your own judgement in determining which supplier will meet your hemp needs!

No comments: