Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dreamfields Pasta - Low Carb - High Fibre - Great Taste!!

I'm a pasta lover. Pasta is a such an easy meal to prepare and after a long day at work, it's great to have a bowl of pasta. But alas, despite all the great things about pasta, most of it is very high in carbs and low in fibre. Recently, there have been some attempts at high fibre pastas - I find them all very "grainy" and I don't like the texture of them. Enter Dreamfields Pasta.

I'll admit, when I first heard about Dreamfields pasta, I was skeptical. They advertise 5 grams of net carbs per serving - this is unheard of! Dreamfields uses a special manufacturing process to "protect carbs" - ensuring they are not digested.

Ultimately, it all comes down to taste. Pasta is the ultimate comfort food and it HAS to taste great.

I cooked up a box of Rotini with some veggies and seasoning - I really wanted to TASTE the pasta.

I was amazed. I knew I was eating low-carb, healthful pasta, but my taste buds told a different story. Some how, the pasta tastes just like regular white pasta! My husband is Italian and he hates high-fibre pasta BUT when he tried the Dreamfields pasta, he didn't even realize it was high in fibre. That's a home run in my book.

Right now, this is only available in the United States in stores but it can also be bought online at several online retailers. It does cost a little more than regular pasta, but at about $2.50 a box, it's well worth the price. I hope to see this product in more and more stores and really hope it will be available in Canada soon - in the meantime, Canadians can order online or in stores when visiting our neighbours to the south. I know my shopping list for things to buy next time I'm in the US just increased!

No comments: