Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Simple, Easy Pasta with Veggies

Yesterday I wanted to make something simple using just what I have around the house. This is the recipe that I came up with.

1 package "no yolk" broad egg noodles
1&1/2 packages Europe's Best Nature's Balance Vegetables*
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls butter or margarine
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
cayenne
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to directions. While pasta is cooking, place olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for about 2 minutes. Add vegetables, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Drain cooked pasta and transfer to serving dish. Mix in butter to coat pasta. Mix in parmesan cheese and add cooked veggies.

This simple pasta keeps well overnight so make sure to save leftovers for lunch the next day!


*I used only one bag, but I think 11/2 bags would have been better.

No comments: