Monday, April 27, 2009

Salba - Chia Seeds

When I was at the Good Food Festival and Market, I spoke to some folks from Salba. I had previously been doing some reading about all the benefits of chia seeds and was eager to try it out. I received a 3-day trial of Salba.
Today is day one.
I mixed the Salba with some vanilla yogurt. The Salba seeds are tasteless and just add texture to whatever you're eating to you can pretty much add this stuff to anything.
What are the benefits?
3x the antioxidants of blueberries
6x more calcium than milk
8x more omega 3 than salmon
15x the magnesium of broccoli

With all these nutrients, I can't say for sure that I have more energy today, but the true test will be how much energy I still have tonight.

Chia Seeds are considered the next superfood - providing many nutritional benefits. In addition, they expand in size once digested to make you feel fuller for longer. They are quite steep in price ($12.99 for 120g at Loblaws), but I'm going to check out Bulk Barn tomorrow to see the prices there. I will post what (if any) impacts I feel from this superfood - perhaps I may be on to something here.

No comments: